This blog will be available to provide updates on Dale's condition. This will allow everyone interested to be able to keep up with his progress without having to call Becky on a daily basis. Well wishers can leave messages for him to view as he feels able.
Hey Dale,
ReplyDeleteI hope this blog will help you keep up with everything going on while you are recovering. Lots of people are praying for you, Becky & Alanna and that your stay is short and complete.
We love you.
Dale, Becky & Alanna -
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers.
Tonight's update: Dale was sitting up when we left the hospital tonight. He is in a private ICU room, still in the unit but with a little privacy. He has eaten real food today and is trying to gain some strength. The doctors want his blood pressure to remain stable before they move him to a room. He is still on continuous dialysis, but hopefully they can change him to periodic dialysis once his blood pressure rises. We are grateful beyond words for all the prayers, calls, cards & well wishes during this very frightening time. The doctors and nurses are calling him their miracle patient. This shows the power of prayer!!! They have all said a higher power has control of him. I will try to post daily his progress and will show him all this. He is very humbled by all this attention and feels very loved by all of you. Love, Becky and Alana
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie for setting this up. I have been so hungry for an update. It has been several days without a call or email. I am so glad to hear Dale is sitting up! Thanks be to God. Is he in a chair? His smiling face walking into church is my daily image during prayer. Of course we will con't prayers. Love and hugs to Becky and Alana. Love to Dale. I will wait a bit to hug you. I hope they are keeping you comfortable. Jeanne and John
ReplyDeleteJust checking in. I'm glad to hear about his progress. Praying that all goes well today and that you will soon be in a room. God is in control. He is clearly with you and all the doctors and nurses who are caring for you. The weather is rainy today. Good day to be inside.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say that I am sending prayers and love to you. I hope Dale contuines to improve.
Sorry about continues my mom is not awake yet but anyway we miss Dale and his yummy food at church. We are still praying for him.
ReplyDeleteBranson
I miss Dale's soup. I hope he gets well soon and I miss him.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Gillian
Dale:
ReplyDeleteTrying to figure out how to open a Google maccount so that I send you a Raunchy message!!!!
All best.
Bill Snyder
I have successfullt created a Google account, Dale. Watch out!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDale:
ReplyDeleteThis blog does not have spell check!!!! You will have to use your imagination to interpret my misspelled words.
All best.
Bill
Dale:
ReplyDeleteI do have a serious side as well as a frivolous side. My serious side says that we miss you and we love you and your family.
Do what those men and women in white garb tell you to do and know that they will not control your life forever!!!!!! :-)
Love.
Bill and Margi (Margi is not to be held responsible for anything I say on this blog!!!!)
Dale:
ReplyDeleteI am the self appointed humorist on your blog. I will send humor from time to time from others more creative than me. Here we go!!! Hang on!!!
I wonder why you can always read a doctor's bill and never read his prescription. ~ Peter Finley Dunne
Warning! Humor may be hazardous to your illness. ~ Ellie Katz
It is a mathematical fact that fifty percent of all doctors graduate in the bottom half of their class. ~ Author unknown (For good reason!!!)
You have a cough? Go home tonight and eat a whole box of EX-lax. Tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough. ~ Pearl Williams
After two days in the hospital, I took a turn for the worst. ~ W.C. Fields
That's enough for tonight. Sleep well.
All best.
Bill
tonight's update: Dale is getting some red blood cells in an effort to raise his blood pressure and keep it stable. We hope this works and if it does then we can move to regular dialysis and to a room and then HOME!! He is complaining about the food so we know the brain is working right. He really, really wants to come home. We appreciate the prayers, cards, food and visits. He is in a private CCU room, still in the unit and still with his own nurse around the clock for which we are grateful. He can have short visits and would love to see smiling faces. He can't receive phone calls, but I do relay all the wishes we receive. Will update later. Love, Becky
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. I will pass it on to my folks.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the picture. Sorry the food isn't good. I guess they give people that so they don't get to comfortable with all that attention and care. John actually started liking it. He got attached to several of the nurses. I'm glad to hear you have one on one with nursing. Good night Dale, Becky and Alana. Love, Jeanne
ReplyDeleteDo you have internet connection at the hospital? I just discovered g-mail video chat live. If you have a g-mail account we can connect and see each other and talk without the telephone or typing. Let me know and maybe we can connect and talk.
ReplyDeleteI do. You will have to walk me through it. Becky
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you tonight. I'm sorry we couldn't stay longer. I hope things go well for you tomorrow and that you are soon out in a room. Take care and we'll see you soon.
ReplyDeleteJulie
Dale:
ReplyDeleteHumor for the day!!!
A child was watching his mother sift through and delete a long string of junk e-mail on her computer. The child said, "This reminds me of the Lord's Prayer." "What do you mean?" the mother asked. "You know. That part about "deliver us from e-mail"."
All best.
Bill
One more, Dale.
ReplyDeleteA kindergarten teacher was walking around observing her classroom of children while they were drawing pictures. As she got to one girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."
Hey Daddy!! I wanted to say hey, i didnt get to talk to you much, sorry!! im so busy, running around all day! but ill try to talk to you more when i get time. Be sure to have your cell where you can get it. I love you so much and i miss bein at the hospital with you and momma like crazy. I will be home soon! i love you so much, do what all the nurses tell you! haha
ReplyDeleteHoping you got along well yesterday and are close to being in room soon. Talked w/ Becca last night and everyone is having a blast. They are very busy, but enjoying every minute. See you soon.
ReplyDelete6-16-09 We are FINALLY in a room. Room 713. He is doing well, sleeping right now, the move made him tired. Blood pressure still fine and we are not sure if they will do dialysis today or tomorrow. Will update later. Thanks for all the prayers. Becky
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I'll pass it on to others.
ReplyDeleteDale just walked down the hall. The longest trip he has made on foot in 20 days!
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo! Way to go Dale! Hope your new room is a good one!
ReplyDeleteThat's fabulous news. I'll bet he's glad to be upright. What a miracle.
ReplyDeleteDoctors have been in and are amazed at progress made. Dale is sore and and tired from walking 175 feet & back today. He will go to dialysis treatment after lunch. Treatment should last about 4 hours.
ReplyDeleteClearly the power of prayer and his determination to recover quickly. What a praise!
ReplyDeleteI have been out of the loop. Way to go Dale! 175 feet! Like the fish said in Finding Nemo, Just keep swimming. It can only get better. See you soon,
ReplyDeleteTasha
Today's update: Dialysis made Dale very tired yesterday. He is also dealing with some joint pain. They have called in ortho to check it out. He is sleeping away right now (thanks to paid meds). No dialysis until tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers. Love, Becky
ReplyDeleteToday's update: Dale had an allergic reaction to the medication they put him on to regulate his heart rate. They were concerned with the fast rate and thought this medicine would help. It did work in that his heart rate became more normal however, he broke out in hives and had to have benadryl. I stayed at the hospital last night and neither of us slept much. We hope today will be a better day. He is going to have dialysis today.
ReplyDeleteLove, Becky
Oh my goodness. I'll pass the info. along to my folks. Keeping you in my prayers. Don't be despaired, this is just a bump in the road. I'll tell Becca, she's had a bout with the hives and it wasn't fun.
ReplyDeleteHey Dale, I am on Benadryl too. I am covered with chiggers. I hate those things! They are so rude...the places they go and they stay way too long. I am learning that they do not burrow and live on you as it feels. They are a spider and they just produce a powerful allergic reaction from their bite. John and I sat on the same board at the edge of the pond and he has one small bite on his tummy!Of course I was in shorts and flip flops and he was in boots and jeans.
ReplyDeletePlease don't think badly of me when you're with PT and you realize what I do! Actually, we do have some fun with our pt. One man told me a joke today: "Why do the Junior Leaugue Women not have orgies?
Oh my ...all those thank you notes!"
Dale: On Father's Day we will be thinking of one father in particular---you---and how glad we are you are with us and moved to your own room, and taking a walk down the corridor! We look forward to the day you can be at home. Then the day you will be back in our midst at church!
ReplyDeleteMargi and Bill Snyder
Dale is up and walking again in the hallway. He has recovered from the meds reaction and is feeling better. He shaved himself today and not cuts! He will have a procedure Monday morning to shock his heart back into a regular rythym. Pray it works and also that his kidneys wake up and kick in. Love, Becky
ReplyDeleteDale, I hope you had a good day today. I talked with your dad. He is so glad they have had you up and walking lately. I am too! You will be out of there before you know it. I, along with everyone else, will never quit praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
The above comment was not sent from John, although he says to tell you he is thinking about you too. For some reason Google has my profile mixed up with John. I guess we will have to go with that. I am going to try to reset the profile.
ReplyDeleteRada
Thinking about you this morning. Praying that this procedure fixes your heart beat and that you are soon home with your family and all of us who care so much about you. Know we love you all.
ReplyDeleteJulie
I was not up at 3:35 am. I have no idea why it posted it at that time. It's 6:35.
ReplyDeleteJt
Dale -
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our thoughts & prayers. Hang in there, we're looking forward to seeing you soon.
*hugs*
Adam & Sarah Thompson
We are HOME!!! We came home yesterday afternoon. He will go to dialysis today and to the doctor tomorrow for blood tests, but is home to recover. Thanks be to GOD!.
ReplyDeleteLove, Becky, Dale and Alana
Yeah!! Glad to hear it. Let the recovery begin. Julie
ReplyDeleteYahoo! There's no place like home! Especially after staying in a hospital that long.
ReplyDeleteDale, Thank you for sharing your wonderful, strong voice with us today. It is so wonderful to have you back with us. Love, Jeanne
ReplyDelete